Dutch Professional Football Club AZ ‘Confident’ About Bitcoin’s Future, Keeps BTC on Balance Sheet
Dutch professional football club AZ has formed an exclusive partnership with a regulated cryptocurrency exchange platform, Bitcoin Meester. Part of the sponsorship amount is paid in bitcoin and AZ will leave the cryptocurrency on its balance sheet during the collaboration. The club says it is the first Dutch club to do so.
- Professional football club AZ Alkmaar (also known as just AZ) and Bitcoin Meester independently announced Thursday their official and “exclusive partnership.”
- The two companies have entered into a three-year agreement and will be linked at least until 2024. Bitcoin Meester explained that “Central to the partnership is the further marketing of crypto in the football world.”
- Bitcoin Meester is a crypto exchange service provider registered with the Dutch central bank, De Nederlandsche Bank. The platform allows users to buy, sell, and store over 200 different cryptocurrencies, its website details.
- AZ’s Commercial Director, Michael Koster, commented: “The cryptocurrency market is booming, with an exponential growth of users in recent years. That is appealing, but it is precisely in a new market that some direction is important.”
- The announcement details:
Both AZ and Bitcoin Meester are confident in the future of bitcoin. That is why part of the sponsorship amount is paid in the digital currency. AZ will leave this on the balance sheet during the collaboration and is the first Dutch club to do so.
What do you think about this Dutch football club keeping bitcoin on its balance sheet? Let us know in the comments section below.
Powered by WPeMatico