Skybridge Capital Launches Ethereum Fund — Ether ETF Filing to Follow
Asset management firm Skybridge Capital has launched an ethereum fund, CEO Anthony Scaramucci has confirmed. He added that the asset manager will be filing for an ether exchange-traded fund (ETF).
- Skybridge Capital CEO Anthony Scaramucci revealed in the latest episode of The Scoop, published Tuesday, that his asset management firm has launched a private ethereum fund.
- “July 1st, we’re launching a private ethereum fund,” he said prior to the launch of the ether fund, adding:
We’ll then file for an ETF for ethereum. Again, it is anybody’s guess when those things will be going.
- He also revealed, “As we’re speaking, we’re making an announcement on an ETF for a digital innovation fund that has some great publicly traded assets that we think are geared, related to [ethereum], related to bitcoin, but also the other coins.”
- The company filed a registration statement for a bitcoin ETF with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) in May.
- Scaramucci emphasized:
We have a full commitment to crypto.
- Skybridge launched a bitcoin fund in December last year with $25 million as the company expected an “avalanche of institutional investors.” The fund was open to the public in January with $310 million in assets under management. Last month, Scaramucci said that bitcoin still had more upside than gold.
What do you think about Skybridge launching an ether fund and planning to file for an ETF? Let us know in the comments section below.
Powered by WPeMatico